Over time, internet paradigms have changed significantly because of improved internet consumption.
But with increased internet consumption and the launch of advanced internet technologies, internet problems are also arising.
One such issue relates to the DNS server, and changing the DNS settings can be challenging.
In this study, we have described knowledge about the Xfinity router and DNS server. So, let’s commence!
Change Xfinity Router DNS Settings
The topping information about DNS is that you don’t perpetually have to utilize the DNS of the internet service provider. It is because the individual DNS servers are typically high-performing and provider more active assistance. Over time, the Xfinity DNS has been declining, which dominated the internet connection for people.
Furthermore, even if you use the popular DNS implemented by ISP, the administration will be tarnished.
It is the prime purpose people opt for private DNS, such as the public DNS of Google and OpenDNS. There are additional yet paid services available with OpenDNS, inclusive of more reliable and free support, simultaneously with web content filters. Consumers can efficiently manage the OpenDNS by signing up for the prime account, which is free.
For the harnessing or assistance provided by OpenDNS, you require to install up the local PC and router settings. It is so you can utilize the 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 in the DNS settings. On the other support, for the Google DNS settings, the internet protocol businesses that can be used are 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
Setting Up The Xfinity Router DNS Settings in Windows 7
If you need to add and maintain the Xfinity router DNS settings on Windows 7, do follow the below-mentioned measures;
- Open the control panel on the phone
- Navigate to network and internet
- Go on to network and sharing center
- Tap on switch adapter settings
- Pick the internet connection
- Configure the settings of Google Public DNS
In addition, you require to determine different settings for the ethernet connection. In the segment below, we have outlined measures for connecting to the ethernet connection;
- Right-tap on the local area connection
- Drive on to the properties
On the other hand, if you require to improve the wireless connection settings, understand the below-mentioned measures;
- Right-tap on the wireless network connection
- Tap on properties
- If you need to add confirmation, add the password and confirm it
- Now, go to the Network tab and choose the internet protocol version 4
- Go to properties again and click on advanced
- Scroll down to the DNS tab
- Please write down the available IP addresses, remove them, and click on the OK button
- After removing the known IP address, enter the IP address of the Xfinity router
Setting Up Xfinity Router DNS Settings on Mac OS
For everyone who is using the internet and Xfinity internet on Mac devices and needs to set up the DNS settings, do follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Open the Apple menu
- Move to system preferences and hit the network option
- Tap on the padlock icon on the below corner of the window.
- Enter the password to implement authentication
- Determine the connection
For modifying the settings for ethernet connection, comprehend the below-mentioned measures:
- Maintain the built-in ethernet
- Tap on the advanced alternative
For changing the wireless connection, support the below-mentioned measures:
- Go to the Airport tab
- Tap the advanced settings
- Pick the DNS menu
- Click on the plus icon to supplement a new IP address of the Xfinity router
- Click Apply and OK button
Setting Xfinity Router DNS Settings On Ubuntu Linux
For everyone using the Linux operating system on their PC, they can configure the DNS settings from the network manager.
For further assistance, comprehend the below-mentioned measures:
- Go to the system menu and proceed to the preferences
- Click on network connections
- Choose the coveted connection
- Proceed to properties and wireless connection
- Tap on the edit button
- Click on IPv4 settings
- Proceed to the DNS server field, append the Xfinity router address
You might expect to add the password and drain the verify button.
The Bottom Line
Using the Xfinity router is a suitable opportunity because it will operate the information securely and protected it. That’s because the DNS server of ISP might not be guaranteed. In the same mood, they can relinquish the browsing history as well.